James enjoys munching on nuts at work, but doesn't enjoy all the salt in commercial roasted varieties. With this in mind, I tried out some new recipes that have a lot of flavor, but not a lot of salt.
The first two come from Madhur Jaffrey's book. The top is almonds with salt, pepper, and cumin, and the middle is cashews with cayenne, salt, and cumin. Both are very tasty.
This photo is of sweet and spicy nuts, and the recipe comes from Georgia. It is yummy!
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup walnut halves
1/2 cup almonds
1 TBSP. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/8 tsp. salt
1) Preheat oven to 300 F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) Mix nuts in a medium sized bowl and coat with the syrup
3) Mix in the spices, coating evenly
4) Spread nuts out in a single layer on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through until lightly toasted.
5) Cool and separate if stuck together and store in an airtight container
Now these were made for James, but all of us have been enjoying snacking on them. In the process of research, I have found some other nut recipes that I want to try out. So many nuts, so little time.