- Our first kiss when we were 22
- Time at the beach when Little J. licked sand
- Both boys peering at me over Big J.'s shoulder while he sang to them in the rocking chair
- Building a straw house together
- Spending lots of time daydreaming and talking in the garden
- Snuggling during movie nights
- Teasing each other for the pure fun of riling the other up
- Kids piling into bed with us in the mornings
- Watching how gently Big J. removes slivers from little boys' hands
- Spooning every night
Friday, August 16, 2013
Yesterday was our 15th anniversary. It got me thinking of all the wonderful memories we've been making over the years. Here are some - not really in order of importance, or the most important. Just a few that pops into mind:
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
A. turned 11 on Saturday. It was a very low key birthday which was perfect for all of us with summer being unusually hectic. We celebrated by having a friend over, going out to dinner, presents, and of course, the annual interview:
How do you like being 11?
It's awesome. I loved the presents and going to Gobi.
Do you feel different?
Yes. My toe is healed, I have a bunch of presents, and everything is really fun.
Is there anything you want to do now that you're 11?
I want to get some Wii U games. I want to go outside to dig and mine. And I want to get a gold pan.
Any words of wisdom?
Do no stay up all night unless you plan to sleep from 7:00 am - 12:00 pm. And listen to your brother if he tells you not to, cause you will be really, really tired for the next couple of days.
Also, if you haven't played the game Powder 2, you should try it. It's really fun.